The Vermont Country Store
401 Innovation Drive
North Clarendon, VT 05759
Information We Collect
We collect and use personal information for our legitimate business purposes, such as to:
- Process, track, and fulfill your orders
- Market our products and services
- Inform you of special offers and promotions
- Include you in surveys and contests
- Manage and develop The Vermont Country Store's business and operations
- Contact you for any other legitimate business purpose
Information may be collected directly from you when you provide it to us, may be collected passively through our website or an email we send to you, or may be obtained from third parties. We may combine information obtained from any of these sources.
Information You Provide. We may collect information directly from you in connection with your use of this website, or purchase of products from The Vermont Country Store. This Personal Information may include the following:
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number, expiration date, and CVV code
- Payment history
- Internet or other electronic network activity
- Age range
This information is used to provide you with services and products you request. For example, we use your payment and shipping information to process, track and deliver purchases you make from our website. We will use your email address to communicate with you about your order, and to send you marketing emails. You may correct personal information you have provided to us, including your contact information, by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also create a customer account with us, and can update your information by logging into the account and making the changes to your profile.
Information that is automatically collected. Certain information about site usage is collected automatically – by cookies, pixel tags, scripts or similar technologies – when you visit our site or open an email that we send. This information may include operating system, device ID, IP address, referring domain, and pages visited. This information is tracked in server logs, and may be used for troubleshooting purposes, or to personalize your experience. Our website also collects aggregate information, such as page views and visits, in an effort to keep our content relevant to our customers.
Information is also collected by cookies, beacons or similar technologies placed by third parties with whom we have contracted. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand and improve our website visitor’s experience, and we work with vendors to target our advertising to audiences we think will be most interested in our products. To learn more about cookies, pixel tags, interest-based advertising and your choices, please see the section below.
Information from third parties. We also obtain information from third parties, such as address verification services, data brokers and credit reporting agencies. We use this information to improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing efforts, and the improve the quality of the data we use in our business.
How We Share Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers where necessary to complete a transaction you have requested. For example, when you make a purchase, payment processors and shippers will have access to your payment and shipping information.
- IT Service Providers. We share information with Service Providers in order to operate, understand and improve our website. We may share information (including unique identifiers) with third-party advertising and analytics platforms as described below.
- Marketing Service Providers. In order to more effectively market our products, we contract with Service Providers that provide marketing services (including email, display and direct mail marketing, data enhancement, printing, data and marketing analytics, and campaign creation and analytics).
- Third Party Marketers. From time to time we may exchange our customer lists with other reputable companies whose products we think may be of interest to you. We also may share information with third-parties such as cooperative marketing databases, that allow participants to mutually enhance the way they target customers and prospective customers. Data sharing for marketing purposes, and your choices regarding these activities, are described further below.
- Where necessary to comply with the law. We may share any information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights or to comply with any judicial or administrative proceeding, court or governmental order, or legal process served on us, such as a subpoena. We may also share information when we believe in good faith that such sharing is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or to prevent harm.
- Corporate Asset Transactions. We may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, any information we hold may be among the transferred assets, and may be shared during due diligence leading up to any transfer.
- Consent. We may share information about you in any other circumstance in which we have your consent, or in order to provide you with a service you have requested.
Cookies, Tracking Pixels, and Interest-Based Advertising
A Cookie is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow The Vermont Country Store website to keep track of your order information, such as items placed in your Shopping Bag. Cookies also allow us to provide customers with a more personalized experience.
Tracking Pixels are small images that are used by the website to identify pages that are being viewed by customers. No personal data is collected when these images are viewed. Aggregate data from Tracking Pixels is used to improve the customer experience. We work with third-party advertising platforms to place advertising, which may be through display, email, direct mail or other methods. These third party platforms use technologies like cookies and tracking pixels to serve ads for The Vermont Country Store, or for other advertisers based on past visits to our Site and other sites, or on other information about you; to report on the placement of those ads; and to analyze website visits and advertising performance. This type of advertising, in which browsing behavior over time and across sites is analyzed to serve more timely and relevant advertising, is known as interest-based advertising. When we work with third-party advertising and analytics platforms, we or they may place cookies (or similar technologies) that have been associated with de-identified demographic or other data linked to or derived from data you have voluntarily submitted to us and that we may share with a service provider to trigger or suppress an ad. Using these and other identifiers, service providers we work with may target, measure, or analyze advertising to you delivered through a variety of channels, including internet display advertising, email marketing and direct mail marking.
We work with third-party advertising service providers to provide cross-channel and cross-device marketing, in which Information that we or they collect through one device or method of marketing may be associated with other information to allow us to market to you through another device or channel. For instance, if you visit our website or make a purchase, we may use information such as your email or IP address to send offers to you on a mobile device we think you are using, or to send you a direct mail catalog.
Interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt-out of seeing such advertising, you may visit the consumer opt-out links of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance, at the following links;
Opting-out of interest-based advertising through the above links does not mean you will not see advertising, it only means that the ads you see will not be personalized based on your browsing activities, based on a cookie that the NAI or DAA will place on your browser. Because the NAI or DAA opt-out relies on cookies, blocking or deleting cookies may interfere with the effectiveness of an opt-out request.
Mobile Advertising Choices. We may sometimes serve interest-based ads through mobile apps. Each operating system (e.g. iOS and Android) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based ads. To learn more about this, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system.
Choices regarding direct marketing from The Vermont Country Store. If you no longer wish to receive our catalogs, please send your name and address as it appears on your mailing label to: The Vermont Country Store, P.O. Box 6998, Rutland, VT 05702-6998; email us at email@example.com; or call us at 1-800-211-4741. If you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the link included with every commercial email.
Choices regarding direct marketing by third-parties. If you do not wish for your information to be made available to third parties for their direct marketing use, through the rental or exchange of customer lists or cooperative databases, you may opt-out of such sharing by clicking here, or by contacting customer service.
Choices regarding third-party analytics. We utilize Google Analytics to help us assess the effectiveness of our website and marketing. You can learn more about how Google uses data when you use their partner's sites or apps, and your choices about that use, here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Our Web site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.