Vermont Common Crackers, 14 Ounce Bag
Have you tried our Vermont Common Crackers? We bake them here in Vermont with the original recipe from 1828 on equipment once powered by horses! At one time, they were found in crackers barrels in every general store but are now hard to find. But don't be fooled; their scarcity has nothing to do with their appeal. Common crackers have a loyal following, including Julia Child, who wouldn't eat a bowl of New England clam chowder without them. Their heartiness also made them a staple in a soldier's knapsack for a reliable source of sustenance on the battlefield. Today, you can enjoy these crackers crumbled into a piping hot bowl of soup or stew, or like a true New Englander—split open, spread with a bit of butter, broiled until lightly browned, and topped with a tangy wedge of Vermont cheddar.
Now, these humble crackers have been awarded the Yankee Food Award for 2022 by Yankee Magazine, so you owe it to yourself to find out what all the fuss is about. One bite, and you'll find there's nothing common about common crackers!
- Winner of the 2022 Yankee Food Awards
- Baked fresh in our bakery since the 1980s
- Made with all-natural ingredients—no trans fats
- "Drier" than most crackers, making them the perfect accompaniment with a bowl of soup
- Available in three varieties: Regular-Size Original, Bite-Size Original, and Regular-Size Cheddar
- The cheese crackers are made with aged Vermont cheddar
- Two 14 oz. bags
- Made in Vermont
- We also offer our Vermont Common Crackers in boxes (#H5117) and a stay-fresh tin (#84235), sold separately
|Nutrition Item||Quantity||% of Daily Requirements||Nutrition %|
|Serving size: 4 crackers (32g)|
|Calories from fat: 30|
|Not a significant source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium|
|Serving size: 8 crackers (32g)|
|Includes 0g added sugars||0%|
|Serving size: 7 crackers (31g)|
|Calories from fat: 25|
|Percentages based on a 2000 calorie diet.|
1) Standard: Delivery estimates provided during checkout.
2) Standard Plus: Packages are sent via UPS Ground, street address is required (add $5).
3) Express: Packages are sent via UPS 2Day, street address is required (add $15).
4) Overnight: Packages are sent via UPS Overnight, street address is required (add $20).
For Express and Overnight shipping, orders received by 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday, will ship that day; orders placed after noon will not ship until the following business day.
For more shipping rate information, click here for our rate table.