Mineral oil has long been the first choice of woodmakers to protect, rejuvenate and lengthen the life of wooden surfaces. It's especially good for cutting boards or any wooden item you'd find in the kitchen as it is non-toxic and safe for surfaces used for preparing or serving food. Most recommend conditioning cutting boards regularly so they won't warp or crack, usually once every couple of months will do the trick. See below for our tips for cleaning and oiling wooden cutting boards and kitchen utensils.
- Premium food-grade mineral oil
- Non-toxic and safe for surfaces used for preparing and serving food
- Quickly absorbs into wood and bamboo surfaces
- Helps reduce warping and cracking; leaves behind a beautiful oiled finish
- Fragrance free; won't affect the taste of food
- 100% mineral oil; no added waxes or fillers
- 8 oz. bottle
- Made in USA
How to clean and condition wood and bamboo cutting boards and utensils:
- Clean with mild detergent and warm water or rub the surface with half lemon and coarse salt and rinse
- Allow boards and utensils to dry thoroughly
- Using a clean soft cloth, apply mineral oil in an even layer over the surface
- Rub the oil into the wood and allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes; wipe away excess oil
- Repeat every other month or so, more frequently in winter months or drier climates
1) Standard: Delivery estimates provided during checkout.
2) Standard Plus: Packages are sent via UPS Ground, street address is required (add $5).
3) Express: Packages are sent via UPS 2Day, street address is required (add $15).
4) Overnight: Packages are sent via UPS Overnight, street address is required (add $20).
For Express and Overnight shipping, orders received by 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday, will ship that day; orders placed after noon will not ship until the following business day.
For more shipping rate information, click here for our rate table.
Please click here for The Vermont Country Store 100% Guarantee and Return Policy.