Hand-Blown Glass Hummingbird Feeder
If you're just learning about hummingbirds and how to feed them then you've probably found lots of articles about how to make your own nectar and how important it is to keep it fresh. Ideally, your hummingbirds should drink all the nectar you set out within two days to make sure it doesn't start to ferment (you don't want "buzzed" hummingbirds flying around your yard!). This feeder holds 2.5 oz. of nectar, so your thirsty feathered friends will be able to enjoy it all before it goes bad. It has a feeding tube with a red flower at the end to guide the hummingbirds to the right spot! And don't worry about the length of the tube, hummingbirds have very long tongues (they stick out as far as their bill is long), so they can extract nourishment from a variety of feeders, trees, and flowers. Each feeder is mouthblown and has a unique pattern and slightly different shape.
- Feeder holds approx. 2.5 oz. of nectar (white sugar and water mixture)
- Approx. 3-1/2" diameter
- Includes an "S" ring for hanging
- Each one-of-a-kind hummingbird feeder is mouthblown and has a slightly different design
- Made from recycled glass
- Nectar recipe from Audubon's website: 1/4 cup refined sugar (plain white refined sugar is recommended as organic and natural sugars may contain high levels of iron that can harm the birds) and 1 cup boiling water. Mix sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Allow the nectar to cool completely before filling your feeder. Do not add red dye as it can be harmful to hummingbirds. It may take a week or so for local hummingbirds to start visiting your new feeder.
1) Standard: Delivery estimates provided during checkout.
2) Standard Plus: Packages are sent via UPS Ground, street address is required (add $5).
3) Express: Packages are sent via UPS 2Day, street address is required (add $15).
4) Overnight: Packages are sent via UPS Overnight, street address is required (add $25).
For Express and Overnight shipping, orders received by 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday, will ship that day; orders placed after noon will not ship until the following business day.
For more shipping rate information, click here for our rate table.
Please click here for The Vermont Country Store 100% Guarantee and Return Policy.