For the Love of Vermont: The Lyman Orton Collection (Author-Signed Copy)
For the first time, here is the story of how the proprietor of The Vermont Country Store endeavored over the past forty-five years to retain and repatriate the art of Vermont in his home state. The collection Lyman Orton has built is the most extensive private collection of Vermont fine art by men and women who either already lived here, traveled to Vermont seasonally, or eventually made Vermont their home. Each page is colorfully illustrated, with 107 works of art representing 56 artists who truly captured the Vermont way of life and expressed their love of Vermont. Be among the first to enjoy this limited-edition labor of love, signed by Lyman Orton.
- Text by Vermont author Anita Rafael, with first-person storytelling and recollections by Lyman Orton
- Colorfully illustrated with 107 works of art representing 56 artists
- First printing
- Hardcover, 220 pages (signed by the author)
A special note from Lyman Orton:
I have been collecting Vermont art for some 45 years. For the first time, the collection will be on public exhibit from July–October 2023, divided between two of Vermont's premier art institutions, Southern Vermont Arts Center in Manchester and Bennington Museum in Bennington. I look forward to seeing you this summer. Here's the website to purchase the book and find more information about the art exhibits (www.fortheloveofvermont.com).
1) Standard: Delivery estimates provided during checkout.
2) Standard Plus: Packages are sent via UPS Ground, street address is required (add $5).
3) Express: Packages are sent via UPS 2Day, street address is required (add $15).
4) Overnight: Packages are sent via UPS Overnight, street address is required (add $25).
For Express and Overnight shipping, orders received by 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday, will ship that day; orders placed after noon will not ship until the following business day.
For more shipping rate information, click here for our rate table.