Dill Pickle Blown-Glass Christmas Ornament
Some say this Christmas tradition was passed down through the generations from Old World Germany. Others were told the pickle was in honor of a Civil War soldier saved from starvation one Christmas Eve by eating a pickle. Still, others were taught that the tradition has to do with St. Nicholas saving two boys trapped in a barrel of pickles!
Whatever you believe, ours is no ordinary pickle! Glass is mouth-blown into a finely carved mold, and a solution of hot liquid silver is added for exceptional color and vibrance. Lastly, the ornament is hand-painted and hand-glittered for a fine finish.
- Start or continue the Christmas Pickle tradition
- Hand crafted in mouth-blown glass
- Hand painted and hand glittered
- Rich green texture with a gold cap
- Includes a loop for hanging (hook not included)
- 3-1/2" long
1) Standard: Delivery estimates provided during checkout.
2) Standard Plus: Packages are sent via UPS Ground, street address is required (add $5).
3) Express: Packages are sent via UPS 2Day, street address is required (add $15).
4) Overnight: Packages are sent via UPS Overnight, street address is required (add $25).
For Express and Overnight shipping, orders received by 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday, will ship that day; orders placed after noon will not ship until the following business day.
For more shipping rate information, click here for our rate table.