THE VERMONT COUNTRY STORE SHARE YOUR STORY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Vermont Store Inc. Share Your Story Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Vermont Country Store, Inc., prizing partners and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: The Vermont Country Store, Inc., 5650 Main Street, Manchester Center, Vermont 05255
3. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in this Promotion, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Sponsor alone, and in its sole discretion, will create, analyze, and review any and all Official Rules for this Promotion. Any Rule interpretation or decision will be made by Sponsor alone, in its sole discretion. For any reason within its sole discretion, sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify any or all conditions. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on November 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST and ends on December 1, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Promotion Period"). The draw date is December 4, 2012.
6. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, you can enter the Promotion through The Vermont Country Store's website located at http://www.vermontcountrystore.com and Share Your Story. Here's how to Share Your Story (1) find your product on our website (2) click "Share Your Story" on the product page (3) login or register and Share Your Story. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the drawing for every Story that is submitted and approved during the promotion period.
7. LIMIT: No limit on the number of entries.
8. PRIZES AND AVERAGE RETAIL (ARV): There will be a total of (5) prizes that will be awarded consisting of (1) $500 e-Gift card and (4), $250. e-Gift cards redeemable only at The Vermont Country Store. The prizes will be emailed to the email address provided when submitting the review.
The winners shall be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any, with acceptance or use of the Prize. Prizes are provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
9. ENTRY LIMIT: No limit on the number of entries per person. Limit one prize per person.
10. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received by the close of the Promotion Period, with the winners to be chosen from all eligible entrants by way of random drawing to take place in Manchester Center, Vermont on December 4, 2012 (the "Draw Date.")
Attempts to notify the Winner will be made within three (3) days of the Draw Date via mail delivery to the electronic mail address that entrant has provided to the Sponsor. All results of the selections are final and binding, subject to these Official Rules. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the Prize, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If by reason of a printing, computer or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a computerized random selection to award the advertised number of Prizes available. No more than the advertised number of Prizes will be awarded.
11. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entrants received.
12. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes an entrant's consent for the Sponsor, and the Sponsor's designees to use entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and city and state of residence for advertising, trade, publicity and/or promotional purposes in any media, including the World Wide Web, without review, notification, or approval and without further compensation.
13. RELEASE: By participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to fully and unconditionally Release and Hold Harmless sponsor, administrator, prize partners, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "released parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, product liability, death, or damage to loss of property, arising out of participation in the sweepstakes or receipt or use or nonuse or misuse of any prize.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For any reason within its sole discretion, sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify any or all conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of group or class action, and exclusively by alternative dispute resolution in mandatory arbitration between Entrant and Sponsor. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs and expenses, incurred, but not to exceed (MAXIMUM TO $1,000), including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased..
16. WINNER LIST: Winner List requests will only be accepted after December 4, 2012 and will be available until December 31, 2012. For the Winner List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
The Vermont Country Store/ Share Your Story
5650 Main Street
Manchester Center VT 05255
Attn: E-commerce Dept.